Terms And Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions of Use Relating to www.quantumphotographic.co.za - a subsidiary of QUANTUM PHOTOGRAPHIC SERVICES (PTY) LTD Reg Nr: 2016 / 105523 / 07.
These Terms and Conditions ("the Terms and Conditions") govern your ("the User") use of the www.quantumphotographic.co.za and ("Provider") website located at the domain names www.quantumphotographic.co.za ("the Website"). By accessing and using the Website, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
By using this Website or communicating with the Provider by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be in writing.
E-Commerce & Privacy
- The Website www.quantumphotographic.co.za sells goods online. The use of any product bought from this Website is at the purchaser's risk. The purchaser/ user indemnifies and holds the Provider harmless against any loss, injury or damages which may be sustained as a result of using the products sold on the Website.
- The private information required for executing the orders placed through the e-commerce facility, namely the User's personal information and credit card details, delivery address and telephone numbers will be kept in the strictest confidence by the Provider and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information, that is the delivery address and contact phone number will be made known to third parties delivering the product.
- The Provider undertakes that it has taken all reasonable precautions to secure the credit card processing that is carried out to receive payment for goods sold. The Provider cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User's electronic device (Personal Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on his/her device.
- Subject to stock availability with suppliers and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 24 Hours, and handed over to a courier company for delivery. For very remote areas not serviced by standard couriers The Provider will deliver via Post Office or to the nearest town to the User that is accessible by our couriers within their normal routes. In these circumstances the Provider will be in contact with the User to arrange an alternative address.
- The Provider will supply all goods to the delivery company in good order and will ensure that goods arrive at the User's chosen delivery address in the same good order. The provider will not be held responsible for secondary deliveries arranged by the User.
- Paid Orders by the customer on the e-commerce facility cannot be cancelled, nor refunded. The Provider though reserves the right to cancel an order for which payment has already been received. This may occur if stock is insufficient or the quality of goods ordered does not meet the Provider's standards. Should the Provider exercise this right, the User will receive a full refund with no deductions.
- No goods will be shipped to the purchaser pending payment or with any amounts on invoice still outstanding. Any purchase MUST be fully paid for before any processing of the order can take place or any order can be sent to the purchaser.
- Any complaints regarding the standard and quality of the product or products bought by consumers through the e-commerce facility should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Returns / Refund Policy
- Products may not be returned unless the incorrect product has been supplied by the Provider or the product is damaged or faulty. If the wrong product has been supplied, or if the product is faulty or damaged, the Provider will exchange it on condition that the customer returns the products within five (5) days of receipt. In such an instance, the Provider will make a reasonable effort to exchange the product upon receipt of the returned products, but if replacement is not possible, the Provider will refund the purchase price including delivery cost upon receipt of the returned products. Quantum Photographic will not be liable for any income loss due to the fact that the receiver did not test all received products within 3 days of receiving the product, if faulty or damaged we will then gladly replace. It remains the recipient’s responsibility to test all new equipment received.
Warranties and Exclusions
- All the products listed on the website of www.quantumphotographic.co.za and sold via this E Commerce based business, is fully guaranteed against faulty workmanship and factory faults for a period of 12 (Twelve) months.
- Lightning, floods, water damage, electric storms, earthquakes and any other acts of God is not covered by this warrantee agreement.
- Damage caused by negligence is also excluded from this warrantee.
Payments can be made using the following secure payment methods:
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) directly into our bank account for speedy processing,
- Payfast facility for both Credit Card and Instant EFT payments.
- Cash Payments directly into our banking account OR at our offices if you have placed your order personally.
Please note: All cash payments are subject to a 2.75% surcharge on the total cash amount unless paid into our FNB bank account via an ATM at any FNB branch. In branch teller payments will also be liable for the said surcharge.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
- Provider reserves the rights to change, modify, add or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website.
- It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates.
- The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- Provider provides certain information at the Website.
- Content currently or anticipated to be displayed at this Website is provided by Provider, its affiliates and/or subsidiary, or any other third party owners of such content, and includes but is not limited to Boutique Products and Computer Programs (“the Content”).
- All such proprietary works, and the compilation of the proprietary works, are copyright the Provider, its affiliates or subsidiary, or any other third party owner of such rights (“the Owners”), and is protected by South African and international copyright laws.
- The Providers reserve the right to make any changes to the Website, the Content, or to products and/or services offered through the Website at any times and without notice.
- All rights in and to the Content is reserved and retained by the Owners.
- Except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, the User is not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trademark, Patent or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the Content.
Limitation of liability
- The Website and all Content on the Website, including any current or future offer of products or services, are provided on an “as is” basis, and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- The Owners make no warranty or representation as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the Content.
- Neither Provider nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary of Provider, shall be held responsible for any direct or indirect special, consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred, related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the Content or the Website or any functionality thereof, or of any linked website, even if Provider is expressly advised thereof.
Privacy: Casual surfing
- The User may visit the Website without providing any personal information.
- The Website servers will in such instances collect the IP address of the User computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information.
- This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, etc.
- Provider uses this information to determine use of the Website, and to improve Content thereon.
- Provider assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
Choice of Law
- This Website is controlled, operated and administered by Provider from its offices within the Republic of South Africa.
- Access to the Website from territories or countries where the Content or purchase of the products sold on the Website is illegal is prohibited.
- The User may not use this Website in violation of South African export laws and regulations.
- If the User accesses this Website from locations outside of South Africa, that User is responsible for compliance with all local laws.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the User consents to the jurisdiction of the Gauteng High Court in the event of any dispute.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms and Conditions, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Provider and the User with regard to the use of the Content and this Website.
The Quantum Team